Surprise!!!

Right before we left for church on Christmas Sunday, I got a text from mom saying that they were going to be in Cottonwood, right around 4 (they were driving cross country from New York).

K so...

1. They weren't supposed to get here until the next day in the afternoon
2. We were going to church right then and it didn't get out till 4
3. The house was a mess
4. There was hardly any food in the house lol
5. All the doors were locked =)

So I opted to leave church about 20 minutes early and told the kids, we had to go because a surprise was coming to our door. I didn't get much done haha but at least we were home.

And oh my goodness! Both kids were ecstatic when they showed up! I was in my room, when Lexi came in, belting, "MOM, GRANDMA AND GRANDPA ARE IN THE DRIVEWAY!!" It was fun to see them so excited and to have them not know before hand, that they were coming. 

I am so grateful for my parents and the relationships they have with my kids. They are basically both of our kids' "favoritest" people on earth. 

Before we went to bed that night, they had already made puzzles, played I spy, and watched the Grinch.



Comments

Popular Posts